Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enriquemmesteo
Creator
Creator

Create Line Map visualization from coordinates

Hello everyone,

The case is this: 

We have a file with many fields with the information of train stations. Some of those fields relevant to this issue are "Station","Line","Latitude","Longuitude".

These coordenates belong to each of the stations. A line is conformed by various stations. Here is a little example:

STATIONS.JPG

What I currently do is add this line in the script GeoMakePoint([Latitude],[Longitude]) as Coordinates

and then in the map visualization I add Coordinates as point layer. If I have Coordinates in the data of the visualization it shows all the points.  If I use the Line as dimension, it only shows a few of the points.

But really what I need to do is create a line layer instead of a point layer on the map visualization. I need a visualization showing lines joining all the dots for each "Line". In the previous example it would show a 3 lines conformed by joining the coordinates of their stations.

Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (3)
12 Replies
snowman
Contributor III
Contributor III

I got the solution. To modify the expression advised by @lironbaram , can add a column from the data file for station sequence (eg. Seq), then use Seq instead of Station as the sort order for concat():

='[[' & concat(Coordinates,',',Seq) & ']]'

Trick17
Contributor II
Contributor II

thanks a lot this was really helpful !!

Trick17
Contributor II
Contributor II

thanks, that was really helpful!