Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikster
Contributor III
Contributor III

Create a unified selection interface section that is both dynamic and linked between sheets.

Hi,

I've spent too much time on a task that should be simple. 

I want to create selections on one sheet that changes on all sheets if I make a change in the master visualization.

Unfortunately Qlik Sense doesn't scale well at all if I put more than one dimension in a Filter pane. If you use a browser with less resolution the filter pane gets cramped and you have use the zoom and make selections from there.

The only solution is to use one filter pane per dimension but that is less than ideal since you can't copy and paste multiple items from a sheet.

I've tried extensions but most are not maintained so I'd like to use native Sense objects.

I know I can copy a sheet but if a selection changes I need to copy all sheets again and then instead copy the none selection objects (Bar charts etc) again to set up the app.

It's very frustrating and takes a lot of time to maintain this. Has anyone any other solution?

Labels (1)
2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

"Unfortunately Qlik Sense doesn't scale well at all if I put more than one dimension in a Filter pane."

That has not been my experience. I regularly put several dimensions in a filterpane. And commonly have a master filterpane that appears on all sheets. 

Can you post a screenshot of your sheet so we can get a better idea of what your issue may be?

-Rob

qlikster
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for replying Rob.

Screenshot 1 is with individual filter panes (only two rows though but that doesn't matter, I could add a third row and it still wouldn't be as bad as Screen 2)

Screenshot 2 is with 3 dimensions in each filter pane (same resolution as screnshots 1)

Screenshot 3 is 3 filter panes and higher resolution/not scaled.

I wish Qlik could just zoom in/minimize the fonts on the filter panes a bit more instead of showing 3 dots and clicking that maximizes a selection window on the whole screen.

Running latest Qlik Sense on Windows (Feb 2023)

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 21.03.35.png

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 21.03.46.png

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 21.03.54.png