Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EugeniaCastilla
Contributor
Contributor

Crosstable is duplicating binary fields

Hello!

I am doing a simple script where I originally have a table that with one column that identifies the user (ID) and more columns of the type " has_diabities " which are binary fields (0 /1). The user wants to create a filter containing the different options (has_diabities, is_overweight, has_cronic_disease ...etc). My plan was:

1. Create a crosstable
  2. Filter that crosstable to value=1
  3. Be happy 

However when I do so, the crosstable duplicates de values for each user and each column. Let me explain:

Record por patient 0 in original table:

EugeniaCastilla_0-1658444414568.png

What my cross table is showing for patient 0:

EugeniaCastilla_1-1658444447065.png

A you can see, Qlik is making a new row for each possible value of the field F.Condition. For example, it didn't do so for the value (HIV) because in the dataset, HIV only has 0 as a value, never a 1. What is happening? x)

Here is my code:

Orig:
load DISTINCT
"" as ID_,
IF(has_COPD=0, 'No','Yes') AS COPD,
has_Cardiovascular_disease AS Cardiovascular_disease,
has_Diabetes AS Diabetes ,
has_HIV AS HIV,
has_Liver_dysfunction AS Liver_dysfunction,
"has_Mild_renal_insufficiency_(ClCr_=_50-90mL/min)" AS Mild_renal_insufficiency,
"has_Moderate_renal_insufficiency_(ClCr_=30-49_mL/min)" AS Moderate_renal_insufficiency,
has_None as None,
has_Other as Other,
"has_Parkinson's_disease" as Parkinson,
"has_Severe_renal_insufficiency_(ClCr_=_<30_mL/min)" as Severe_renal_insufficiency
FROM conn.xlsx
(txt, codepage is 28591, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq) WHERE "">=0 AND ""<=3

AUX1: Crosstable (Condition, [Has it])
Load Distinct
ID_,
COPD,
Cardiovascular_disease,
Diabetes ,
HIV,
Liver_dysfunction,
Mild_renal_insufficiency,
Moderate_renal_insufficiency,
None,
Other,
Parkinson,
Severe_renal_insufficiency
resident Orig
;

qualify *;
F:
load * resident AUX1
//WHERE [Has it] = 1
;
Unqualify *;
DROP TABLE AUX1;

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

Looks like you got some more qualifying columns in your table,  along with that it may be making sense to have both 0 and 1 value for one condition. Check out the third parameter in the crosstable function, you may like to have that. Otherwise its not making sense to me having patient 0 both yes and no for a single condition.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/work-with-cross...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Digvijay_Singh

Looks like you got some more qualifying columns in your table,  along with that it may be making sense to have both 0 and 1 value for one condition. Check out the third parameter in the crosstable function, you may like to have that. Otherwise its not making sense to me having patient 0 both yes and no for a single condition.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/work-with-cross...