Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valstar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Custom tooltips for pivot table

Will custom tooltips be made available for pivot tables? I desperately need this for my current project.

If it isn't already on the roadmap, please put it there. If it is, when is it expected?

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

This is a community forum... we can't put things on the roadmap. Try the Ideation section if you'd like to suggest a feature - https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideation/ct-p/qlik-product-insight

Note that some extensions do offer the option to have a custom tooltip in a pivot table, for example Vizlib Pivot Table, so if it's urgent you may want to consider something like that as an option.

Valstar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thx, I followed your suggestion and posted it there.

I had a chat with a sales guy from vizlib and he said that they do not offer tooltips for pivot tables.

If anybody knows of a workaround or (free or paid) extension, input is welcome!

Or
MVP
MVP

I can confirm that Vizlib Pivot does allow for a custom tooltip, both for dimensions and measures, but this does not include the ability to use master objects in the tooltip similar to what you can do in other Vizlib objects (and most Qlik objects nowadays). However you can use text, formulas, and a background color:

Or_0-1649755799584.png

Not sure if that is sufficient for your requirements.

In any case, it'd be a good idea to link your Ideation post here - might get you a few extra likes and help it get picked up faster.

Valstar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thx Or, but that is not sufficient. I need a tooltip with a chart.

Here is the link to the ideation post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Custom-tooltips-for-pivot-table/idi-p/1917334/highligh...