Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louise119
Creator III
Creator III

Data load issue

Hi, I have a question regarding my data connection.

I develop my app and load data from Redshift. I compared the DB values with the data values loaded into QlikSense, but the same values were not loaded and some data seems to be missing. 
Some of the data seems to have been merged. I think QlikSense automatically merged the values. Does anyone know the reason why?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, I haven't experienced that behaviour so I don't know what it could be. I don't know if some screenshots can help to see what's happening.

Maybe reducing the data load to the ones causing the issue can help to identify what could be happening.

Also I don't use the data manager, so I don't have experience on that, you can also try to use the script editor to check if something changes and to apply filter to the query to make some tests that can give you any hint ont he behaviour.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, how youe checked the data? if it's in a table with dimesnuions note that the table wont draw two lnes with the sane dimensions, you can add a Count(fieldName) or a sum to check the rows loaded with the same dimensions.

You can also a "RowNo() as RowNumber" field in the script so each row has at least one different value.

louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

When adding data in the data manager, the preview shows the same value as the DB, but when you actually load it, it is converted (merged) into a different value. Also, the number of items in the DB and the number of items actually loaded are different, and one value appears to be merged with the other. When I change the connector to postgres the data loads fine.

rubenmarin

Hi, I haven't experienced that behaviour so I don't know what it could be. I don't know if some screenshots can help to see what's happening.

Maybe reducing the data load to the ones causing the issue can help to identify what could be happening.

Also I don't use the data manager, so I don't have experience on that, you can also try to use the script editor to check if something changes and to apply filter to the query to make some tests that can give you any hint ont he behaviour.

louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The data was converted from a character string to a number because E in the data was judged to be an exponent.

Qlik does not inherit the DB data type when selecting?

rubenmarin

You can try loading it using the text() function, in datamanager could be laoding a new calculated field that uses this function.

In script editor would be adding a field as: Text(FieldName) as txtFieldName //the txt prefix is optional, just to check the values

louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you ,

Is it possible to specify the data type when loading data from the DB?

rubenmarin

There are basically only 2 types in qlik: text and number, and you can specify the format using Text() and Num() functions.