Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Necator
Contributor III
Contributor III

Default Script Variables

Hello,

I recently installed a new node in our Qlik Cluster. So far everything works fine, but I just noticed the default variables, which get put in any new app you create are different (see below). After finding this article I assume it has to do with the Windows server language setting at installation. Is there any way to change this after Qlik was installed or do I have to reinstall it ? The fix mentioned in the article seem not to work anymore, maybe its outdated.

SET ThousandSep=',';
SET DecimalSep='.';
SET MoneyThousandSep=',';
SET MoneyDecimalSep='.';
SET MoneyFormat='$#,##0.00;-$#,##0.00';
SET TimeFormat='h:mm:ss TT';
SET DateFormat='M/D/YYYY';
SET TimestampFormat='M/D/YYYY h:mm:ss[.fff] TT';
SET FirstWeekDay=6;
SET BrokenWeeks=1;
SET ReferenceDay=0;
SET FirstMonthOfYear=1;
SET CollationLocale='en-US';
SET CreateSearchIndexOnReload=1;
SET MonthNames='Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr;May;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Oct;Nov;Dec';
SET LongMonthNames='January;February;March;April;May;June;July;August;September;October;November;December';
SET DayNames='Mon;Tue;Wed;Thu;Fri;Sat;Sun';
SET LongDayNames='Monday;Tuesday;Wednesday;Thursday;Friday;Saturday;Sunday';
SET NumericalAbbreviation='3:k;6:M;9:G;12:T;15:P;18:E;21:Z;24:Y;-3:m;-6:μ;-9:n;-12:p;-15:f;-18:a;-21:z;-24:y';

Best

Nic

Labels (1)
6 Replies
marcus_sommer

These default-settings depends at first on the chosen language by the Qlik installation. And as I assume that Qlik doesn't provide any own language-packages or triggers a load/activation on the OS side that they are limited to the available languages on the machine and I think that by any issues it installed just en-us as default.

Beside of this you could just overwrite the variables with own values/lists and not only at the beginning of the script else multiple times. Quite common is further to outsource the variables into a centralized text-file and then loading it as include-variable.

Necator
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

thanks for the response first of all. 

I tried re-installing Qlik Sense after switching Localization to DE. Unfortunately that didn't help. 

For outsourcing the default variables, is there a way to put the include command per default in every freshly created app? 

I want to minimalizie the effort a developer has to do when creating new apps.

Otherwise including the outsorced .txt wouldn't be that much more efficient, than just changing the already included variables to the one wished for.

Best

marcus_sommer

I don't know if there is a direct possibility to customize the application-creation and replacing the standard-variables with own ones. With API's there are surely more options but they are probably not trivial and expensive especially in regard to the aim.

Usually there isn't a single include-variable else dozens to hundreds with further variables, defined paths and file-types / file-formats, connection-strings, section access, standard loads, customized functions, routines ... what ever - and those nested in each other to provide various different standard-packages and specialized ones.

Each developer with the basic capabilities should know how to include such include-variables, where they reside and what they contain for which purpose to be able to use the suitable ones in a proper way. That would be minimizing the efforts for the developer.

Or
MVP
MVP

Reading the article you linked, there's nothing suggesting it depends on the installation settings. Rather, it depends on the current regional settings at the Windows Server level for that server for the account running the Qlik services.

I haven't adjusted these on any servers in several years, but I did adjust them once some years ago and it worked correctly at the time.

Necator
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I changed the server localization like mentioned in the article, but it didn't have the wished for effect. Somewhere in the forums I found another article, that it's actually dependant on the settings at installation, thats why I tried reinstalling, but that didn't help either.

Sure every Developer has the capabilities to to those includes, but its more of a ready to go approach.

Or
MVP
MVP

In that case, my suggestion would be to contact Support and see if they can help you figure out how to correct this. My experience with this is outdated, so perhaps things have changed...