Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tole1808
Contributor II
Contributor II

Defining values for x-axis in formula

Hello everybody,

I am running into an issue while visualizing my data. I have got transactional data for costs (booking month). At the same time I have a yearly budget, which will change every month. This change can be traced through the version, which is another variable. However, I have a problem when visualizing both, the budget and the costs in the same graph.

When using the booking month as the x-axis dimension in combination with a Rangesum fomula to show rolling months for costs, I cannot show the change in budget at the same time.

2020-04-07 15_23_01-Qlik Example.xlsx - Excel.png

For example one would set the filter on Version A04 (April). One will see the costs running up from January to April. However, at the same time I want to show the change in budget throughout the month. This is not possible, because the dimension  for the X-Axis is the booking month.

I hope I made this more or less clearly.

Somehow, I have to define that the Sum (budget) for a specifc version equals its respective booking month... 

Any help is highly appreciated, since I am running out of ideas.

Thank you guys,

Timm

Labels (2)
0 Replies