Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris_andersson
Partner - Contributor III

Differences in reload-times between Qlikview and Sense on the same script and data

Hi,

We've recently migrated our Qlikview environment to Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows.

We are experiencing huge differences in load times between Qlikview and Sense. In Sense, the reloads take about four times longer to execute. The apps in Sense are just converted from Qlikview, and loads the same exact data with the same exact script.

In the script-log we can clearly tell that it's the QVD-loads that take time. Granted, there are some un-optimized QVD-loads involved, especially in concatenating some tables, but they shouldn't take 4 times longer on Sense which resides on a more powerful server.

It's a single node setup with decent performance - for sure better than the server that runs Qlikview and the QDS. The files resides on the server as well, so no network issues involved with the QVD-loads. 

From what we've found, there is no particular Windows Server setting we have to choose to allow the QVD-files to unpack faster. Is there a setting in Sense we are missing?

Kr

Christoffer

10 Replies
chris_andersson
Author

Chris - you are correct. The QVD loads should all be optimized, I agree with that. However, as Marcus points out, there shouldn't be a difference this big between the two systems. I will work on optimizing the QVDs but I was looking for a quicker (and more logical) solution at this time. 

I've registered a case with Qlik support and they are looking into it as we speak. 

Thank you for you feedback. I'll try to update this thread if we find a solution that is not QVD-optimizing. 

Kr

Chris