Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlik_Enthu
Creator II
Creator II

Different Current selection upon opening application

Hi All, 

I have multiple sheets in my application. all the sheets should show past 2 days data upon opening the application. (we have a filter pane object created for this). The field for this list of values are derived from the script written in the backend.

There is two timestamp fields involved (ALL sheets but one uses different timestamp field to get its values).

Now the problem is whenever there is a selection made in filter pane  say Filter1, it affects the Filter2 on the other page as well. This should not be the case. I have tried using Alternate state but not succeeded. 

Is there any alternative method to achieve this?  

Thank you!

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

This is correct for how Qlik is supposed to behave... if you want some objects (or sheets) not to be impacted by a filter, you either use states, or you use set analysis in those objects to ignore certain selections e.g. Sum( {< Filter1= >} MyField)

Qlik_Enthu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Tried with Alternate state. But, that was not giving the expected results. since the filters are in different sheets, the alternate states applied on different sheets behaves strangely.

Or
MVP
MVP

Sorry, but I don't know how to try and help with "behaves strangely". If you can describe specific issues, perhaps I can try and assist...

Qlik_Enthu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, sorry too I am not able to explain clearly. have tried to use Alternate State for the first time.   however, the requirement was not fulfilled with it. hence i did not proceeded with the approach.

However, I will try to implement it in some other situation...

Thanks much for your response!