Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paultt2
Contributor
Contributor

Different calculations within a dimension

Hi

I'm trying to make a measure with set analysis that makes a calculation based on input of the dimension. It works when I select one of the items in the dimension but it stops when there is no selection. When there is no selection I would like the expression to calculate it for all items in the dimension

group | start | end

group A |  Jul-2019 | Jul-2020

group B | Sep-2019 | Mar-2020

I want to sum the sales with the start and end data of the groups. First I created a big table and made a pick&match formula to loop through the groups. This works but not if the groups dimension is not in there. So I could not use it in a KPI. 

I created the following, which works, but only if I select a group. When I don't have a selection I get zero

Sum({<Date={">$(=num(Max(Aggr(Date#(start,'YYYY-MM'),group))))<=$(=num(Max(Aggr(Date#(stop,'YYYY-MM'),group))))"}>} Sales)

I also tried with Aggr before the Sum function but the results where the same. If Group A has 2,000$ in their period and Group B has 3,000$ in their period I would like to have a KPI giving me 5,000$

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this

If(GetSelectedCount(group)>0, Sum(Saels), Sum({<Date={">$(=num(Max(Aggr(Date#(start,'YYYY-MM'),group))))<=$(=num(Max(Aggr(Date#(stop,'YYYY-MM'),group))))"}>} Sales))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this

If(GetSelectedCount(group)>0, Sum(Saels), Sum({<Date={">$(=num(Max(Aggr(Date#(start,'YYYY-MM'),group))))<=$(=num(Max(Aggr(Date#(stop,'YYYY-MM'),group))))"}>} Sales))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful