Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quriouss
Creator III
Creator III

Different date formats for different users?

We are looking at rolling out Qlik Sense for a Global Audience. Our American users are used to using mm-dd-yyyy as a date format, whereas Europeans are using dd-mm-yyyy.  The data is all loaded into QlkSense in only one format.

What is a good way to deal with showing each group of users a filter box in their preferred format?  I don't really want to start re-training a nation on how to enter dates.

Can we do something with the user's LDAP/ADS profile (if UserOffice = Chicago then DateFormat=mm-dd-yyyy) or do we have to get into publishing different versions of the data for the different audiences?

Many thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

3 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

yes you can do something like

date(DateField , if(UserOffice = 'Chicago' , 'MM-dd-yyyy' , 'dd-MM-yyyy'))

quriouss
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks.

Do I have to import the users as a separate stage in the load script, or can I leverage the Active Directory connection which I'm already using?  And at the risk of sounding lazy, do you happen to know the syntax/variables for Qlik to refer to the current user?

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi for the user you can use the function

osuser() which will return the current user details as

Domain\UserName

but if you need the home office i think you'll need to load the this data to your qlikview model