Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShellyG
Creator
Creator

Different metrics in one, on one line

Hi everyone,

I need help with ideas for the following chart:

I need to have a table, where I can visualize a couple of metrics for specific periods on one line. So imagine I have a fiscal year field, which currently contains 2021 and 2022 as these are the years I have data for.

I need to create a table where I will have a metric on one line, which consists of these metrics - sum(Actuals) for 2022, sum(Budget) for 2022 and sum(Actuals) for 2021. The metric should be on a row and the years need to be separate columns. Please see attached screenshot for more details of how it should look.

I guess it should happen with a calculated dimension, but I can't think of a way currently.

All ideas are appreciated! 

3 Replies
chris_djih
Creator III
Creator III

it is quite more simple then this. Use a pivot table.
Metric name as frist Dimension. under Column put in the Year
and then add the two measures: Sum(Actuals ) and Sum(Budget).

If you found help, mark the correct answer and give some likes to ALL contributors, that tried to help.
ShellyG
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the idea.

I kind of works, but this is just part of the requirement which I have, as I need to have a different metric for every row, which needs to also be calculated for different year and be only one line. So let's say I will need to have Metric 2 on line two, but for 2022 it needs to be sum(Actuals), for 2022 again sum (Budget) and for 2021 it will be something different again. 

ShellyG
Creator
Creator
Author

Actually, I think I managed to do what I want with an inline table, will share here if I get to the desired result. 🙂