Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shi
Partner - Contributor III

Dimension with a conditional sum

Hi to everyone!

I have an issue. I need to create a dimension MONTH that is dependent on two conditions. I want consider the dimension MONTH only if the Measure it is  equal 'Volumes' and its sum on that dimension is = 11.

I tried to write the following expression:

if (Sum({$<Measure={'Volumes'}>}VALUE)=11, MONTH)

The expression seems to be right, but then the dimension is invalid. 

I tried also :

if ([Measure]='Volumes' and VALUE=11, MESE_FISCALE)

that one seems to work in the dimension, but I want the aggregate sum of the VALUE not only the single value.

Thanks to everyone!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
edwin
Master II
Master II

the expression 
is not allowed in dimension, encapsulate your SUM with AGGR depending on your other dimensions you need to decide what dimensions go inside the AGGR.  try aggr(Sum({$<Measure={'Volumes'}>}VALUE),MONTH)
also, validate first if the expression will return a value add Sum({$<Measure={'Volumes'}>}VALUE) as an expression first.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

the expression 
is not allowed in dimension, encapsulate your SUM with AGGR depending on your other dimensions you need to decide what dimensions go inside the AGGR.  try aggr(Sum({$<Measure={'Volumes'}>}VALUE),MONTH)
also, validate first if the expression will return a value add Sum({$<Measure={'Volumes'}>}VALUE) as an expression first.

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

As @edwin has said, you can't use that kind of expression in a calculated dimension. 99 times out of a 100 when I see this sort of requirement I find it can be solved by having the correct set analysis in your measure expression. Is VALUE a static single value or are you truly trying to sum it? Can you share what measure you are trying to calculate?

Shi
Author

Thanks, with your suggestion I resolved my problem!

edwin
Master II
Master II

np