Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tank88
Contributor II
Contributor II

Editing an app aftter publishing

hi,

I created an app and published it to a stream.  i read that to edit the app and sheet, i would need to unpublish it?  i tried that and the app went into the work folder.  however, when i opened the app in the work folder, there is no data, and the sheet which i created earlier were not there.

So, how do i actually edit an app which i have published?

Thanks

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Generally speaking, you can't edit a published app. You can override this using security rules but it's not recommended to do so.

To edit the app, you duplicate it, then edit the duplicated copy in your Work stream, then re-publish the app.

If you're trying to edit a sheet you created in the published app ("My sheets") and then shared to Community, for example, you wouldn't duplicate the app. Rather, you would temporarily un-publish the sheet, edit it, and re-publish the sheet. If you both Publish and Approve the sheet, though, it should become part of the app and be available in the duplicated copy.

Tank88
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks!

And how do i reload new data into the published app?  Appreciate your advice please.

Or
MVP
MVP

Using a reload task is the standard way to do that. You could also duplicate, reload, and republish.