Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chadingram
Contributor
Contributor

Embeding app object into Sharepoint intranet

Hello all,

I guess the easiest way is for me just to explain what we're trying to accomplish and each problem along with it.

My company currently runs our intranet on Sharepoint. We have been tasked with displaying a couple of KPI's on the frontpage of the intranet from QlikSense. Pretty easy, however we've run into multiple issues after getting those KPI's to display using the iframe method. 

The first issue is that to keep users from having to login to Qlik to display those embed'd KPI's i had to make the KPI accessible to user.anonymous(). This has created a couple of problems. One, anyone with the url to that KPI stream can get to it through the Sense Hub. Granted they would have to have the link, but with all the web crawlers and security tools used on campus, it will be no time before we're compromised and reprimanded. If someone did sniff out this link, they  could access that app in the Hub which then actually has more meaningful data behind it if they were to click the "Selections" button on the app. Second, with user.anonymous() set, this stream shows up in all users Hubs. This is really just a nuisance  that we'd like to get rid of, as this stream only contains the app with meaningless numbers with no descriptions etc. It was simply created just to embed those KPI's into the Sharepoint intranet. 

Another new issue i've run into is the number of Login access tokens this is using and I keep running out of. Each time the intranet is opened, it looks like it uses a Login access pass. This page being the default home page for all employees, this has gotten out of hand quick. I tried using the Analyzer Capacity rule, but i do not have that option. I'm guessing it has to do with our license type. as of right now, i have over 1000 login access passes used and that's only over a 2 day period and to my understanding, those don't go back into the license pool until 28 days has passed.

All this being the case, does anyone have any experience with this same situation? Does anyone have a better suggestion on ways to do what i'm trying to accomplish? Is it possible to simply write these numbers to a sharepoint list then simply have the intranet read the new number each day from the sharepoint list using only one login pass or maybe even just giving sharepoint a license token to use exclusively, getting rid of my anonymous access problem.. Thank you for any advise in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @chadingram 

I am going to share a couple of articles with you that may hopefully put on you the right track.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @chadingram 

I am going to share a couple of articles with you that may hopefully put on you the right track.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!