Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Expression in url link

Hello there

Dose any one know if it possible to add an expression to url link in qliksense ?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lee_Matthews
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is now possible with the standard table object in Qlik Sense. Just set the Representation property of the dimension column to URL. Below is a screen shot of the property drop down in the table properties and a sample table containing a calculated column displayed as a URL.

URL Option.png

tablewithlink.png

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Dan - thanks for your question, current this is not possible. However you might want to take a look at (possibly join) Qlik Branch - our open developer exchange. You might be able to find or establish a connection with someone that has created this, or could create something like this as an extension object.

I will also report this to our development team as a possible new feature.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Internal case QLIK-25481 - has been created for your reference.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

HI Dan,

Currently in Qlik Sense this is not a capability.  This would be possible using an extension. You may want to check on Qlik Branch to see if someone has already created something.

-Josh

Qlik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks for the answers , Josh do you know if there is any extension that support my case ?

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Dan,

Sorry I do not know off the top of my head.  New projects are constantly being added to Branch.

-Josh

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dan,

Did you found a solution for this ?

I need something similar.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I am looking for this ability as well. We want to be able to drill down to a record within a Qlik Sense table visualization, which would then update a text box highlighting the record number as a link to the actual record within a separate system.

Lee_Matthews
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is now possible with the standard table object in Qlik Sense. Just set the Representation property of the dimension column to URL. Below is a screen shot of the property drop down in the table properties and a sample table containing a calculated column displayed as a URL.

URL Option.png

tablewithlink.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great , Thank you very much for the respond !