cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arusiva89
Contributor III
Contributor III

Field value as Flag

I have a field with the values x,y and z.I need to display only value "X" in checkbox (checkbox for Include X value).When it is selected,value should be associated with other objects..Any ideas/suggestions

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III

If you actually want to set the value in a field (not, e.g., set the value of a variable that you then use in set analysis), you should use the "Sheet Navigation and Actions Button" that is now just called "Button" in the standard set of visualizations (November 2020). In earlier versions you can find in the "Qlik Dashboard Bundle" set of extensions.

(worst case, it is still up in Github: https://github.com/stefanwalther/sense-navigation).

You'll need to create two buttons: on the first ("left") button you'll set the action as "Set values in field" where you choose "List" as the field" and 'X' as the value. On the second ("right") button you'll set the action to "Clear values in field", for the field "List". There are some options to style by expression. You can do something like, If(Only([Field]) = 'X', style1, style2) to dynamically style the button so that it looks more like a checkbox (e.g., use a dark background if X is selected on the left button, white if it is not selected, reverse for right button).

hope that helps

v

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III

Can you explain more? You want to have a variable that toggles some value and then use that value in other expressions?

arusiva89
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Say for example - I have a field named "List" which has values X,Y and Z.I want to have one checkbox in the sheet named "Include X Value".When I select the checkbox,value X in the field List should be selected

jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III

If you actually want to set the value in a field (not, e.g., set the value of a variable that you then use in set analysis), you should use the "Sheet Navigation and Actions Button" that is now just called "Button" in the standard set of visualizations (November 2020). In earlier versions you can find in the "Qlik Dashboard Bundle" set of extensions.

(worst case, it is still up in Github: https://github.com/stefanwalther/sense-navigation).

You'll need to create two buttons: on the first ("left") button you'll set the action as "Set values in field" where you choose "List" as the field" and 'X' as the value. On the second ("right") button you'll set the action to "Clear values in field", for the field "List". There are some options to style by expression. You can do something like, If(Only([Field]) = 'X', style1, style2) to dynamically style the button so that it looks more like a checkbox (e.g., use a dark background if X is selected on the left button, white if it is not selected, reverse for right button).

hope that helps

v