Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markbhai
Creator
Creator

Formatting Data in Tables / Pivot Tables

Hi All.

Having done some research I suspect I cannot get to what I want to achieve here, but this community has been great at helping so here goes.

I want to produce a table which is formatted in a more grouped manner (similar to a Pivot Table maybe), but rather than showing measures in the columns I need to show Dimensions - see example:

Category & Control In Scope Implemented Evidenced Evidence Description
Asset Management        
- Asset Ownership Y Y Y Policy Document
- Return of Assets Y N    
- Inventory of Assets N      
People Controls        
- Employee Screening Y Y Y HR File Records

In my ideal output rows would be grouped by the Category with the 'Controls' grouped by category (e.g. - Asset Ownership).

Is there functionality in Qlik to do this, or if not are you aware of a extention which might help?

Thanks once again.

Mark.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I don't quite follow the requirement. If the top row is dimensions, what's the left row? If it's measures, this is doable with a regular pivot - simply drag the dimensions to the Column section and the Values into the Row section:

Or_0-1714555802312.png

Markbhai
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Or,

The requirement is to display data in a table form where text is shown in the column fields, as in the example shown above and also have the left hand column grouped by Category and Control.

A pivot table allows me to do the grouping, but the display of the remaining colums is numbers only (not text),

Markbhai_0-1714559722985.png

I am not sure that presenting tables as text is the purpose of the Pivot, which is much more aligned to analysis of numbers.

Thanks

Mark.

Or
MVP
MVP

Assuming you have a singular text value, you can display it using Only().

There's a handful of aggregations functions that will take text - you can find them here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2024/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/StringAggr...