Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Databayo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Get Date Created of CSV File

Hi Everyone,

How do I get the "Date Created" of a CSV file that I have imported?

I've thoroughly googled the problem and most people just suggest using the FileTime() function to get the date modified field, but I need to get the date created field of my file.

Thank you 🙂

Labels (6)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Databayo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I believe you're right that there is no inbuilt functionality to get the creation date.

Unfortunately though the VBS cannot be implemented in Qlik Sense.

Fortunately, I found out my filetypes will have epoch dates in the headers which I can use.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Databayo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your response.

As I said in my original post the FileTime function gives the file modification date, where-as I want to get the file creation date.

Annotation.png

marcus_sommer

AFAIK there is no inbuilt functionality to get the creation date of a file. Means you need to use external features like VBS: VBScript - DateCreated Property (vbsedit.com).

In View you could use a macro-function within the script. In Sense I don't know if VBS or others could be implemented in this way. If not you may trigger it as an external batch which stored the information in any txt but AFAIK you will need to enable the legacy-mode for it.

- Marcus

Databayo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I believe you're right that there is no inbuilt functionality to get the creation date.

Unfortunately though the VBS cannot be implemented in Qlik Sense.

Fortunately, I found out my filetypes will have epoch dates in the headers which I can use.