cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Jester
Contributor II
Contributor II

Global Filters & Alternate States

I have an app that uses alternate states to allow users to compare different groups of sites. I'd rather not repeat all my filters in the filter pane for each state since  this consumes a lot of screen real estate, especially on a laptop screen which most of the users will be using. I have  two needs:

1) Apply the global filters to all of the visualization regardless of their alternate state.

2) Filter the options shown in the alternate state filter(s) by the global filters by using the selections made in the global filters.

The attached file was created using the mtcars data set from RStudio. When I filter using any of the options in the "Global Filters" filter pane, I need all three tables to be updated and for the two filter panes labeled "Carburetors Set 1" & "Carburetors Set 2" to show only the counts that correspond to the selections made.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
RickH
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also looking for this, Some filters need to work in all states and other filters need to work for specific states

AstroSpider
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did you ever figure this out? I have similar need for this solution.

Thanks!

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

create filter pane in an alternate state and use a Button Action to apply filters to the desired state

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.