Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Handling Multi Language in Qlik Sense (Saas)

Hello everyone and happy new-year,

I have a query for the company i work for,
Whithin the year this company will handle multiples country such as Italy and Australy for instance.
I’m currently developing app on qlik saas.
The idea would be to integrate those country user within qlik saas tenant and in detail the idea would be for each user, defining the country and based on the country to enable them to access one or more app following the country the user log on. (in the database there would be translation regarding field value and so on).
I try to use section access as a way to define the language for each user but it doesn’t work.
I know that i can change user language in qlik saas profile and it's great.
But what i would like to do is for each user that open an app, based on either there langauge profile or the country where they log on, to apply langaugage preference on each app.
By language preference i mean that in the database there would be for each table a language option.
So if the user is english then when he open an app, the data would translate in english.
Anyone has ever done something like this ?
Thank you and have a good year 🙂
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

I can't tell you what it'll return - just what's in the documentation. I've never had to use this function. If I wanted to pull something like this locally, I would query the local Active Directory server for the user's location, and then use that to set their language, rather than trying to use something native to Qlik.

Insofar as using Section Access, you would need to make sure there is a LANG field in your app, and it contains the values in question, and generally everything else that one would typically do with Section Access.

This works fine on my end:

Load RecNo() as Field, Rand() as Sales Autogenerate(1000);

Load * INLINE [
LANG
EN
FR
];

Section Access;

Load * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, LANG
ADMIN, MyUserHere, EN];

Section Application;

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

For creating multi-language apps in Qlik, see:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Design/Making-a-Multilingual-Qlik-Sense-App/ba-p/1678131

If you need to automate the language selection aspect rather than make it a selection, you could do that in Section Access (by assigning a single language to each user rather than making it a selection), but I would advise against that. I would recommend that you let the users choose their own language instead, as this is more convenient for many users and also allows administrators to assist users without needing to know that user's language.

random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you for your reply.

I already know the content of the link you shared.

This will be dealt in the database sor for that it's ok.

What i really like to do is wheter

- dealing with user in section access

but it couldn't work

lessassy_3869_0-1672844049230.png

Or find a language user variable such as 

vL.User = 'ENG' for instance and to use it as a key entry to make some parameter for each user.

Have you already dealt with section access language and if so could you help ?

And do you know if there ise a function or something i could use to identify the language for each user ?

Thanks 

Or
MVP
MVP

You would not be able to use a local user setting to do this in section access, since that is read at reload time and not when a user accesses the app. You'd need to maintain the user/language association somewhere else, presumably in the same location where you maintain the specific permissions for each user (Active Directory group, a file with permissions, etc).

If you follow the steps in the how-to link, and assign each user a single language in section access with the same field name as the #LANGUAGE field, then it should automatically reduce their data to just that language.

You might also be able to achieve a default language by using a document-default bookmark and some combination of existing system functions (perhaps one of ClientPlatform(), ComputerName(), GetCollationLocale()), but this would be a default when opening the document, not an actual reduction to a single language.

random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello thank you for the reply,

Regarding section access i already tried.

Basically i assigned an user to a specific langyage (english because i'm from france)

lessassy_3869_0-1672846707852.png

So basically i assigned english to the second row (user)

and i apply section access the following way

lessassy_3869_1-1672846744007.png

But when i tried to access the app from the user credential i get an error

lessassy_3869_2-1672846767269.png

which would translate to :

An error has occured

Access denied

error code: 5

random_user_3869
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

And regarding this function "GetCollationLocale()" can you tell me if it display the user language profile ? from this 

lessassy_3869_3-1672847342591.png

thank you i really appreciate 

Or
MVP
MVP

I can't tell you what it'll return - just what's in the documentation. I've never had to use this function. If I wanted to pull something like this locally, I would query the local Active Directory server for the user's location, and then use that to set their language, rather than trying to use something native to Qlik.

Insofar as using Section Access, you would need to make sure there is a LANG field in your app, and it contains the values in question, and generally everything else that one would typically do with Section Access.

This works fine on my end:

Load RecNo() as Field, Rand() as Sales Autogenerate(1000);

Load * INLINE [
LANG
EN
FR
];

Section Access;

Load * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, LANG
ADMIN, MyUserHere, EN];

Section Application;