Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide Trend line in combo chart when no selections are made?

Hi all,

I need to hide the trend line that was created using linest functions when no selections are made. For example i have a combo chart with Month as it's dimension, and sum(Purchase) as one measure and Avg(Unit price) as other measure. When selections are made in Product column I need to show the trend line other wise just hide that line .

How to do this ?

any help will be appreaciated?

Note: I am able to show the trend line without any selections. Now i need to hide that and show it when I made some selections in product column.

Thank you

line chart.png

11 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply.

It's not a reference line but a trend line.

He goal is show when the selection is made on product column, it should show trend line other wise just bars as in bar chart.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

u can create a text box over chart and apply  show hide  and layer shud be in top

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Make a copy of that expression without the trend line. Then use the conditional display option for both expressions to show/hide the expression (and the trendline for the expression that has one) with something like =len(GetCurrentSelections()) and =NOT len(GetCurrentSelections()) as conditional expressions.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Wassenaar,

I think i don't get, Make a copy of that expression??

My trend line expression is

LINEST_M(total aggr(avg([WA Price]),InvoicedMonth),InvoicedMonth)*InvoicedMonth+

LINEST_B(total aggr(avg([WA Price]),InvoicedMonth),InvoicedMonth)

And another measure is straight: sum(Price).

I think am clear with my requirement!!

Not applicable
Author

Chanty, I tried it but it's not showing any effect when I apply the expression they discussed. By the way, I am doing it Qlik sense.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Oh, I thought you had enabled a trend line option on the bar expression. If the trend line is another chart expressions then you can use its conditional expression to show/hide it as needed with =Len(GetCurrentSelections()). Or if you only want to check selections in the Product field then =GetSelectedCount(Product)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Wassenaar,

If I am correct, we don't have any conditional expressions in qlik sense. So, I guess we have to write on the expression that we are using for  trend line. Am I correct?