cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pratyushraizada
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hide on Selection

I have a table with 2 columns of item and sale_amt. There is a filter with items and a table with items and a sum of the sale_amt. At first, everything is shown in the tables. However, I want the functionality to remove the items from the table on selection through the filter. Later, I want to extend this to different charts, once a particular row is selected from the tablebox, I want to hide the selected value.

Is this thing possible in Qlik?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If I understand correctly what you are describing is the default functionality in Qlik. If the dimension and the filter are on the same field or dimension then selections in one will affect the other.

If you want columns to show or hide automatically then that is possible also. There is a condition field next to each dimension or measure and setting this to a true or false value will show or hide the column accordingly.

What is better still is as you get less columns you also get less rows as there are typically fewer unique combinations of items.

This is something that I use on the dynamic table sheet of an app I have shared, details here:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Documents-Videos/Qlik-Sense-App-The-QI-Instanst-Sense-Appli...

Steve

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vvvvvvvvvv
Creator
Creator

Hide in the selection bar?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If I understand correctly what you are describing is the default functionality in Qlik. If the dimension and the filter are on the same field or dimension then selections in one will affect the other.

If you want columns to show or hide automatically then that is possible also. There is a condition field next to each dimension or measure and setting this to a true or false value will show or hide the column accordingly.

What is better still is as you get less columns you also get less rows as there are typically fewer unique combinations of items.

This is something that I use on the dynamic table sheet of an app I have shared, details here:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Documents-Videos/Qlik-Sense-App-The-QI-Instanst-Sense-Appli...

Steve