Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshW
Contributor II
Contributor II

How can I empty the values of first row in pivot table?

I've been driving myself crazy trying to solve what should be an easy fix. On a pivot table I have two dimension for the rows:

• Period
  • Group

The measure calculates some costs and returns it correctly. The only problem I can't seem to figure out is how to get the values for the first row (Period) to remain empty instead of trying to calculate the group values. Not only is it not relevant to my data but it is also incorrect.

JoshW_0-1593461949183.png

The 5's in this image are from the Period dimension while the others are from the Group. As stated before, I don't need the calculation and even if I did, I have no idea where it is getting 5 from. I'd rather just keep this empty.

"Show Totals" is set to off for any dimensions that give the option.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

I'm a little confused about your requirement here, so I'm just going to guess that this is a subtotal that you're trying to hide. I don't use native Qlik Sense tables much (Extensions..) but a quick fix would be to use Dimensionality(), e.g.

Sum(YourField)*if(Dimensionality()=2,1)

Will return Sum(YourField) for rows that have two dimensions (so, detail rows in your case) but null for subtotals / totals.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Saravanan_Desingh

Can you show a sample and expected output?

Or
MVP
MVP

I'm a little confused about your requirement here, so I'm just going to guess that this is a subtotal that you're trying to hide. I don't use native Qlik Sense tables much (Extensions..) but a quick fix would be to use Dimensionality(), e.g.

Sum(YourField)*if(Dimensionality()=2,1)

Will return Sum(YourField) for rows that have two dimensions (so, detail rows in your case) but null for subtotals / totals.

JoshW
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you @Or that did the trick. It shows as null values instead of empty values but that is fine. Another way I went was to turn off "Indent Rows" which worked but expanded the columns out a bit.