Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OlivierS
Partner - Contributor III

How do we work with variables with two users using the same app at the same time

Hi everyone,

This topic is about global and local variable within an opened app (in this case in Saas). Let me briefly explain the context:

I designed an app to make auto evaluation of worker within a company. Each employee use input variable slider to reply to question, each reply being concatenate like:

vFinalAnswer = concat($(answer),'-')

At the end of the process, the user activate an automation with an automation call structured with the send mail button. The viariable vFinalAnswer being given as a parameter like:

http:tenand.qlik.com/..../TOKEN....vfinalanswer='$(vFinalAnswer)'

My question is:

When two users opens the app at the same time, how can i be sure they won't mess with the same variable ? Are front end variables local within the user session ?

Thanks in advance for you kind attention.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
edwin
Master II
Master II

when users open the same app, unique sessions are created which makes sure 2 users will not share the same selections and variable values.  you can try it out easily

View solution in original post

3 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

when users open the same app, unique sessions are created which makes sure 2 users will not share the same selections and variable values.  you can try it out easily

OlivierS
Author

Thanks for the feedback 😉

edwin
Master II
Master II

yw