Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Use Mid with Min Function

Hello Everyone!

So I have this field which contains a code and within that code there is a year (e.g. XXYYYYZZZZZ, where YYYY represents the year).

So what I would like to do is to get the minimum year after extracting it from that field. I have tried the following:

Min(Mid(Code, 3, 4))

Min(aggr(Mid(Code, 3, 4), ID))

But it doesn't work.

Your help is appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

With these informations it's quite difficult to say what didn't worked like expected. Maybe it's easier to extract this within the script:

Num(Mid(Code, 3, 4)) as CodeYear

Are the other code-parts not numeric you could also use: keepchar(Code, '0123456789'). And then should be a min() or a firstsortedvalue() expression within the charts simpler.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

With these informations it's quite difficult to say what didn't worked like expected. Maybe it's easier to extract this within the script:

Num(Mid(Code, 3, 4)) as CodeYear

Are the other code-parts not numeric you could also use: keepchar(Code, '0123456789'). And then should be a min() or a firstsortedvalue() expression within the charts simpler.

- Marcus

sunny_talwar

Where exactly are you trying to do this? In the script? In an expression may be like this

Min(Year(Date#(Mid(Code, 3, 4), 'YYYY')))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry didn't work.