Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to adjust the pivot table measures column widths to fit data and eliminate whitespace?

Is there a way to prevent a pivot table from expanding to the entire screen width unless necessary to fit data? The problem I have is that when there are only 5 columns being displayed, each containing small numbers like "1.57," this results in massive whitespace between the columns so that users are unable to tell what row the data belongs to. It is possible to have the columns narrower? However...same chart needs to support scenario where 15 columns might display, so need to be able to grow wide.

Here is an example of the unreadable reporting (cropping out the row and column headings for company confidentiality):

daveatkins_0-1724172011266.png

I did turn on the feature that highlights the row when it is being moused over, but this is not adequate for end users; I want to shrink the columns widths, so the columns are only as wide as needed to hold the data.

This seems to be a very old request and often reported limitation of qlik sense. It is very frustrating to lack this level of control; we may need to just go back to using QlikView which provides more control over the visual presentation.

Labels (1)
0 Replies