cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skyline01
Creator
Creator

How to create box plot without measure or dimension

I am working in Qlik Sense Enterprise February 2018.  I need to create a box plot of raw data (no aggregations) and with no dimensions.  That is, I need to create a box plot of all values in some numerical column.  These numbers don't need to be aggregated (e.g., sum), and I don't need to group the data (i.e., no dimensions).  Is this possible?  I know that box plots -- just like most other visualizations in Qlik Sense -- require a measure and at least one dimension.  So, I imagine that the solution would involve "faking" out the measure and dimension.  I just don't know what that would look like.  Or, perhaps, is it best to offload this situation to a different tool (e.g., R)?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Hi Casey,

I had a little play with some data here and it is possible using the raw field as both dimension and measure.

Here is what it looks like with the standard (tukey) settings..

Sales1.PNG

and this one with the box plot settings changed to percentile-based and Min/Max whisker position.

Sales2.PNG

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Hi Casey,

I had a little play with some data here and it is possible using the raw field as both dimension and measure.

Here is what it looks like with the standard (tukey) settings..

Sales1.PNG

and this one with the box plot settings changed to percentile-based and Min/Max whisker position.

Sales2.PNG

Hope this helps.