Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanmay_bhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to create rows for all calendar days in Qlik Sense Enterprise

In my project, I have a master calendar with year, quarter, month, date, and day columns. I have another table comprising five distinct dimension columns, two measure columns, and one date column. In this table, I do not have rows for all 365 calendar dates but rather only for those days when the transactions (customer purchase) happened.

Using these two tables, I want to derive a third table that has a row for every single combination of the five dimension columns and calendar date. The values of the measures should be zero for those dimension + date combinations that are missing in my parent table and retain the original values for the combinations that exist in my parent table.

Please advise on how I can implement this logic in my load scripts.

Labels (3)
1 Reply
PrashantSangle

considering in your 1st master calendar table, you have all 365 days data.

so just left join your transaction table to your master table. It will do the trick

for example

master:

Load * 

from master_calendar;

Left join

Load *

from transaction;

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂