Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AntonBakker
Contributor
Contributor

How to dynamically ignore set modifiers if no selections have been made for those pseudo dimensions

Within an app I want to add the possibility to compare results based on different filter sets, where each filter set exists of multiple dimensions. However I keep facing the same issue: the result only includes facts which contain values for the dimensions in the set modifier. The result is that I am missing data in my aggregations.

I’ll try to make it more tangible with an example.

Suppose there are three dimensions:

• Holding
  • Company
  • Service

with the following associations:

• Facts - Company- Holding
  • Facts - Service

Keep in mind that:

• not all facts contain a service
  • not every company has a holding

To get the desired cross section of data, I added for each dimension a table with a copy of all distinct values of that dimension and gave the fields a different name to prevent associations. Thus in this example I actually have he following tables:

• Holding
  • Company
  • Services
  • Facts
  • [Pseudo Holding]
  • [Pseudo Company]
  • [Pseudo Service]

with the associations:

• Facts - Company- Holding
  • Facts - Service

Use for example the following set analysis:

{1< Holding = P([Pseudo Holding]), Company = P([Pseudo Company]), Service = P([Pseudo Service]) >}Sum(Revenue)

ignores all revenue for companies without a holding and facts without a service. Is there a way to ignore set modifiers if no values have been selected for the pseudo dimension dynamically (e.g. Service=)? All my attempts have failed so far. I tried adding conditions, variables, multiple set modifiers, intersections, GetSelectedFields(), GetSelectedCount…

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AntonBakker
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Found the solution in this artikel: How to pass IF statement inside Set Analysis modifiers? 

When using an if statement, you have to wrap the then and else statement in single quotes and it works. Thus:

{1<

$(=if(GetSelectedCount([Pseudo Holding]) = 0, 'Holding =','Holding = P([Pseudo Holding])')),

$(=if(GetSelectedCount([Pseudo Company]) = 0, 'Company =','Company = P([Pseudo Company])')),

$(=if(GetSelectedCount([Pseudo Service]) = 0, 'Service =','Service = P([Pseudo Service])'))

>}Sum(Revenue

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AntonBakker
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Found the solution in this artikel: How to pass IF statement inside Set Analysis modifiers? 

When using an if statement, you have to wrap the then and else statement in single quotes and it works. Thus:

{1<

$(=if(GetSelectedCount([Pseudo Holding]) = 0, 'Holding =','Holding = P([Pseudo Holding])')),

$(=if(GetSelectedCount([Pseudo Company]) = 0, 'Company =','Company = P([Pseudo Company])')),

$(=if(GetSelectedCount([Pseudo Service]) = 0, 'Service =','Service = P([Pseudo Service])'))

>}Sum(Revenue