Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Derek_T
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to ignore this filter in set analysis ?

I know the question have been asked in many times, but none of the solutions I've found give me the expected result.

I have 2 tables, and the only filter in my analysis is a date range: 2021-01-01 to 2022-01-01

Derek_T_0-1657893842721.png

Derek_T_1-1657893854886.png

I haven't shown all the date because their value are irrelevant, only the boundary matters.

What I'm trying to build is the table below, the trick is "MAX_DATE" and "AVG_AC_COUNT" should be unaffected by the ATA, only the "SUM_AMOUNT" should be impacted.

I've tried many combinations of set modifiers, but I always end up with the "MAX_DATE" and "AVG_AC_COUNT" being affected by the ATA where they should only be affected by the date range selected by the user.

Derek_T_2-1657894143870.png

Thanks !

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Derek_T
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The solution was to ignore the dimensions ATA:

Avg(TOTAL AC_COUNT)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

in your expressions for AVG_AC_COUNT and MAX_DATE, add the set analysis modifier ATA=

this means for this expression ignore ATA filter

since you want SUM_AMOUNT to consider ATA filter, then dont add this into that expression

Derek_T
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Edwin,

could you elaborate the code a bit more please, I've tried passing ATA but I don't know how to exactly, I've tried:
{1<ATA={*}>} but it does not work.

edwin
Master II
Master II

to ignore ATA the set analysis should be

{1<ATA=>} 

edwin
Master II
Master II

you may want to try 

{<ATA=>}

if you add 1, it means ignore ALL filters but you may want to ignore only specific filters

Derek_T
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Edwin, I've tried both and it does not work.
Here's the formula for the cumulative amount:  Avg({1<ATA=>}AC_COUNT) / Avg({<ATA=>}AC_COUNT)

But I still get completely different number by ATA, which does not make sense since each AC (Aircraft) is composed of the same set of ATAs, so the count of AC / ATA should remains the same.

Derek_T
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The solution was to ignore the dimensions ATA:

Avg(TOTAL AC_COUNT)

edwin
Master II
Master II

you may want to test that.  without set analysis, there is no ignored filters

Derek_T
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

You're right, being new to Qlik my choice of words was incorrect, it's not a "filter" I was trying to ignore but a "dimensions" in a table. Thank you !

edwin
Master II
Master II

not intending to belabor this but filter and dimensions are interchangeable.  a dimension when selected IS a filter.  what i am saying is that without set analysis, you are not ignoring filters nor dimensions.  however, if this works for you then maybe you never had an issue in the first place.