Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpd_2021
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to replace the dash in the table by NA?

Hi Team ,

I want to replace the dash value with NA and the Blank as NA .

userpd_2021_0-1647514100633.png

I tried using the expression in the script.

if(IsNUll(NAME) = -1 or NAME='blank', 'NA', NAME)

If(isnull(NAME) or NAME ='blank','NA',NAME) AS NAME

I am not able to get the correct output. Also when through the community questions but this not work for me.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

If these values are missing - that is, there are no values for the intersection in your table - you won't be able to replace them with anything else directly. Some extensions will allow you to set a default null symbol that is not the native-default dash, if that's a direction you want to take.

If the values aren't missing intersections, but actual field results, you can use e.g. if(isnull(NAME),'NA',name), as you described above, so I'm guessing these are actually missing values rather than a row with a field that is null.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

If these values are missing - that is, there are no values for the intersection in your table - you won't be able to replace them with anything else directly. Some extensions will allow you to set a default null symbol that is not the native-default dash, if that's a direction you want to take.

If the values aren't missing intersections, but actual field results, you can use e.g. if(isnull(NAME),'NA',name), as you described above, so I'm guessing these are actually missing values rather than a row with a field that is null.

Iswarya_
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Try like this

IF (LEN(TRIM(NAME) )= 0, 'NA' , NAME)

chris_djih
Creator III
Creator III

Try:
NullAsValue Yourtable;
NullValue = 'NA';

Before you Load this table

If you found help, mark the correct answer and give some likes to ALL contributors, that tried to help.