Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edugallowk
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to use a calendar for more than one table?

Hello guys!

How do I solve this problem?
Please kindly help me.

I need the master calendar to interact with the table data (FAT) and with the table (INS). Both tables have dd / mm / yyyy date with the name 'competence'.

If I keep the same name in both tables I fall into the synthetic key problem and if I put different names, then the circular reference error occurs.

Circular reference: One or more loops have been detected in your database structure. Loops may cause ambiguous results and should therefore be avoided. Loop (s) will automatically be cut by setting one or more tables as loosely coupled. Use Loosen Table script statement to explicitly declare loosely coupled tables .: return.

Screenshot_1.png

Please help me!

Thanks for the attention and big hug.

🙂

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A composite key will not resolve the circular reference. This data model needs some rework. You could concatenate the fact tables (it does not matter if they don't have many common fields), or (more likely in this case) link the tables through a link table.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Create the composite key which generate the syn key to map into calendar table. Check if that helps link-table

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A composite key will not resolve the circular reference. This data model needs some rework. You could concatenate the fact tables (it does not matter if they don't have many common fields), or (more likely in this case) link the tables through a link table.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein