Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkpatelqlikview
Creator III
Creator III

How to use monthend qvd when new fields added in recent month qvd

Dear Team,

Here i am facing an issue with monthend sales qvd's.

Every month end am storing sales in (30-4-2019-sales) QVD and calling with    *-sales. It will call all the sales with existing months. But now suddenly new fields added in 5th month. now QVD name is  30-5-2019-sales. 

FROM [...QVDLOAD\MonthEnd\*-sales UAE.qvd]

Now i want take the data along with the new fields. how can merge this  fields data. 

Is there any way to put prefix FROM [$(QVDLOAD)MonthEnd\ >=30-5-2019Sales UAE.qvd]  ???

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I am not sure whether you want to dynamically add new fields or filter to load only May 2019, and later - but assuming a bit of both:

Result:
LOAD 0 as FileDate AutoGenerate 0;

For Each vFile in FileList('..QVDLOAD\MonthEnd\*-sales UAE.qvd')

Let vFileDate = Num(Date#(TextBetween(vFile, 'MonthEnd\', '-sales UAE.qvd'), 'd-M-yyyy'));
	If vFileDate >= MakeDate(2019, 5, 30) Then

Concatenate(Result)
		LOAD *,
			Date($(vFileDate)) as FileDate
		FROM [$(vFile)] (qvd);
	End If
Next

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rkpatelqlikview
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This is typical and  good in real time scenario. Please let me know if any one not understand the query. 

bing_jville
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nothing is needed to done with the part - "FROM [...QVDLOAD\MonthEnd\*-sales UAE.qvd]"
I think the only change is in the loading script of the final app. e.g.
IF(QvdLoadDate>'01-05-2019', NewField, 'na') as NewField

Find a suitable date to use in the monthly QVD for this IF statement - IF older than May, load the value as nothing.
rkpatelqlikview
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your response Bing, I understood but

What is this  QvdLoadDate? First of all in load script it will not take, will through error. Can you please give me a clarity on this?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I am not sure whether you want to dynamically add new fields or filter to load only May 2019, and later - but assuming a bit of both:

Result:
LOAD 0 as FileDate AutoGenerate 0;

For Each vFile in FileList('..QVDLOAD\MonthEnd\*-sales UAE.qvd')

Let vFileDate = Num(Date#(TextBetween(vFile, 'MonthEnd\', '-sales UAE.qvd'), 'd-M-yyyy'));
	If vFileDate >= MakeDate(2019, 5, 30) Then

Concatenate(Result)
		LOAD *,
			Date($(vFileDate)) as FileDate
		FROM [$(vFile)] (qvd);
	End If
Next

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
rkpatelqlikview
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jontydkpi,

Thanks for your response. Yes I need dynamically. If any changes happen in new QVD, it should take automatically from existing QVD also. 

I will try with script which you have provided. 

Thanks for guidance.