Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nemo1
Creator II
Creator II

I cannot sort my tables numerically

Hello,

So I have a table with four columns, one of each is %Cost. I want to sort it in a descending way but it is not working out for me and I do not get why.

I go to sorting, I leave all the other columns as "Auto Sorting" and I pick %Cost and I chose Sort numerically, ascending... but nothing happens... what can i do?

thanks

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Is %Cost a dimension or a measure? If it is dimension, would it be better done as a measure and is the column a string rather than a number?

As @anat says, the order of the sorting is important. You can click, hold and drag the fields to change which order they are sorted in. This can be a little fiddly if you have a lot of fields. Auto Sorting does not mean those other columns are not sorted first, just you haven't explicitly specified which order.

End users can also double click column headings to apply a sort. If you do that as an app dev though ensure you edit the table after and save the changes.

Hope that helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

3 Replies
anat
Master
Master

you can make %Cost  as a first field in sorting

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Is %Cost a dimension or a measure? If it is dimension, would it be better done as a measure and is the column a string rather than a number?

As @anat says, the order of the sorting is important. You can click, hold and drag the fields to change which order they are sorted in. This can be a little fiddly if you have a lot of fields. Auto Sorting does not mean those other columns are not sorted first, just you haven't explicitly specified which order.

End users can also double click column headings to apply a sort. If you do that as an app dev though ensure you edit the table after and save the changes.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Nemo1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

thanks for your help.. it did work!