Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daryn
Creator
Creator

If Not isnull query in count

Hi Community,

Hope your Friday is going well and you have a pleasant weekend ahead of you.

I have a working expression that I would like to 'tweak' if possible. The fields are SAP field names.

count ({< VBELN = {"=[WADAT_IST] > [WADAT] "}, WBSTK = {'C'}, LFART ={'XLF'} >} VBELN ) / COUNT ( {<WBSTK = {'C'} , LFART ={'XLF'}>} VBELN)

So a count where a date (WADAT_IST) is compared against WADAT in the above its to see if it is greater than, which means its late (I have an = and a < than version for on time and early).  A couple of = '' to check that it is 'C' complete and belongs to a particular delivery group 'XLF'.

I would like if it is possible to check to see if WADAT_IST is populated and if not (ie null) have it included in my count as well. 

I hope that makes sense!

Example image of the date fields.

Daryn_0-1654867219508.png

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Daryn 

You can write not null in Set Analysis using WADAT_IST*={"*"}

Note that the first * is allowing selections in WADAT_IST to still be considered, the second * is a wildcard which matches any non-null value.

For more details on the first * see:
https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlik-set-analysis-star-equals/

If some or all of the fields appear in a single row in the source data, you can make things much more efficient (and easier to code for) by working out flags in the load script, for example:

if(isnull(WADAT_IST), 0, 1) as HasWADAT,

Also, it is good practice to rename all fields in the load script, so they are human friendly (rather than SAP friendly) in the front end.

Hope that helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Best to create flag fields as @stevedark suggested for both   criteria's

if(WADAT_IST] > [WADAT], 1, 0) as flag_gt,   

but the below should also work

=count ({< VBELN = {"=([WADAT_IST] > [WADAT])  OR  len(WADAT_IST)=0"}, WBSTK = {'C'}, LFART ={'XLF'} >} VBELN ) / COUNT ( {<WBSTK = {'C'} , LFART ={'XLF'}>} VBELN)

with flag fields

=count ({< VBELN = {"=flag_gt=1 or  HasWADAT=1"}, WBSTK = {'C'}, LFART ={'XLF'} >} VBELN ) / COUNT ( {<WBSTK = {'C'} , LFART ={'XLF'}>} VBELN)

OR

=count ({< VBELN = p({<flag_gt={1}>VBELN )+p({<HasWADAT={1}>VBELN ), WBSTK = {'C'}, LFART ={'XLF'} >} VBELN ) / COUNT ( {<WBSTK = {'C'} , LFART ={'XLF'}>} VBELN)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Daryn 

You can write not null in Set Analysis using WADAT_IST*={"*"}

Note that the first * is allowing selections in WADAT_IST to still be considered, the second * is a wildcard which matches any non-null value.

For more details on the first * see:
https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlik-set-analysis-star-equals/

If some or all of the fields appear in a single row in the source data, you can make things much more efficient (and easier to code for) by working out flags in the load script, for example:

Also, it is good practice to rename all fields in the load script, so they are human friendly (rather than SAP friendly) in the front end.

Hope that helps,

Steve

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Best to create flag fields as @stevedark suggested for both   criteria's

if(WADAT_IST] > [WADAT], 1, 0) as flag_gt,   

but the below should also work

=count ({< VBELN = {"=([WADAT_IST] > [WADAT])  OR  len(WADAT_IST)=0"}, WBSTK = {'C'}, LFART ={'XLF'} >} VBELN ) / COUNT ( {<WBSTK = {'C'} , LFART ={'XLF'}>} VBELN)

with flag fields

=count ({< VBELN = {"=flag_gt=1 or  HasWADAT=1"}, WBSTK = {'C'}, LFART ={'XLF'} >} VBELN ) / COUNT ( {<WBSTK = {'C'} , LFART ={'XLF'}>} VBELN)

OR

=count ({< VBELN = p({<flag_gt={1}>VBELN )+p({<HasWADAT={1}>VBELN ), WBSTK = {'C'}, LFART ={'XLF'} >} VBELN ) / COUNT ( {<WBSTK = {'C'} , LFART ={'XLF'}>} VBELN)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.