Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyTSG
Partner - Contributor III

In Qliksense Saas, I am trying to set a default bookmark for a selection and landing page for an application and it will not work.

I have an application that I have created with a default bookmark with a landing page and selection. When I go into the application in SaaS it doesn't apply the default selection and lands on the App Overview page.

If I export the application and go into it on Qliksense Desktop it correctly goes to the landing page with the correct selections.

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @AndyTSG Sorry for the delay. The default bookmark is only applied once every session on QCS. A session can last up to 30 minutes after the session has been closed.

There is a lot of discussion around bookmarks and few ideas are already submitted on our Ideation page. 

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

AndyTSG
Author

Hi Vinay_Bhat, 

Thank you for the explanation, I personally feel  a default bookmark should apply every time you enter an application, but if that's the way it works, then I thank you for the explanation. I shall have a look at the ideation page and leave my thoughts there.

Kind regards

Andy

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @AndyTSG Check the below steps and let me know if that resolves the issue:

The session needs to be terminated.

1. Close the browser or all opened tabs.
  2. Wait for 30 minutes.
  3. Log in to the tenant and open the app.

Thanks!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
AndyTSG
Author

Hi Vinay_Bhat,

Not really a solution, more a work around. I went into the application this morning and first time in it applied the selection and went to the correct sheet. I then went in on another windows tab and it opened the application on the App overview page with no selections!!

Kind regards

Andy

AndyTSG
Author

Hi Vinay_Bhat,

Sorry a correction to my previous post, it went to the app overview sheet but when I went into a sheet from there it did have the correct default selections, but just didn't go to the default sheet.

Kind regards

Andy

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @AndyTSG Sorry for the delay. The default bookmark is only applied once every session on QCS. A session can last up to 30 minutes after the session has been closed.

There is a lot of discussion around bookmarks and few ideas are already submitted on our Ideation page. 

AndyTSG
Author

Hi Vinay_Bhat, 

Thank you for the explanation, I personally feel  a default bookmark should apply every time you enter an application, but if that's the way it works, then I thank you for the explanation. I shall have a look at the ideation page and leave my thoughts there.

Kind regards

Andy