Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Incremental Load with WHERE NOT EXISTS() - QVD files

Hello,

I am trying to do an incremental load from an SQL Server 2008 database, and an existing QVD file. I have copied the syntax from here. I am trying to do an INSERT with UPDATE

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/1.1/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/UsingQVDFilesIncrementalLoad.h...

I'm running into an issue with WHERE NOT EXISTS(). My load scripts looks as follows

Table_name:

SELECT

ID,

Value1,

Value2

FROM

Table

WHERE

UpdateTime >= '$(LastUpdateTime)';

CONCATENATE LOAD

ID,

Value1,

Value2

FROM

[lib://MyQVD/Table_name.qvd](qvd)

WHERE NOT EXISTS(ID);

STORE Table_name INTO [lib://QVD/Table_name.qvd](qvd);

I know for a fact that Table_name returned from the database contains 23 records. I first created the QVD file by omitting the CONCATENATE portion of the above script and successfully stored all 23 records in the QVD.

The problem is when I include the CONCATENATE, and run the load script again, it loads all 23 rows from the QVD file, even though I know for a fact that the primary key ID exists in the first set loaded from the SQL script. This leads me to believe that there is either a problem with my WHERE clause, or the EXISTS() function.

I also sometimes get the script to return a strange number of rows from the QVD. I've run the above script and know that the SQL server has returned 0 rows, however the CONCATENATE LOAD portion will strangely read 7 rows from the QVD file, where it should actually be reading 23 rows in this instance.

perhaps I don't understand how the EXISTS() function works?

I created the QVD files with Qlik Sense 3.1

Thank you,

Jesse

2 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

There is the obvious: should be EXISTS not EXIST

After that, examine the ID values in Table and compare to the ID values in the QVD. Perhaps they are not the same (spaces on the end or front).

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

I've updated the above example to EXISTS(), which is what is actually in my load script. Just a typo in the post. Thanks for pointing that out!

The ID's are exactly the same, no leading or trailing spaces. All PKs are integers as well.

Thanks,

Jesse