Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Input prompt in Sense

So I need to be able to populate a variable in my load script with a value given by the user. That seems to be trivial in Qlik View using something like the Input() function, but I'm pulling hairs trying to figure out how to do it in Sense. Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately no can do in Qlik Sense like one could in QlikView, and yup it is a right pain - but lay off your hair or you'll end up bald.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Dear Magnus,

Take a look on this solution Re: Sense - Input Box to Filter Table

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately no can do in Qlik Sense like one could in QlikView, and yup it is a right pain - but lay off your hair or you'll end up bald.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I believe what I am trying to do is similar.

I want to allow the user to enter a comment whenever a value is excluded from a table as well a to allow the recording of the date, user and time when the record was deleted.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance!

Inés

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's a pretty good workaround. Seems to me that loading all the data and filtering it at the front end might be awkward for my application though.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was thinking this was probably the case. I might look and see if I can get away with using Qlik View instead.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Aineth, Probably best to start a new thread for you new question.