Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YassineB_23
Contributor
Contributor

Internal Server Error everytime I load the script

Hello everyone,

Im having a problem while loading my script which uses Google Drive Connector (WebConnector). Im looping through 26 google sheet files to load them into Qlik and then concatenate them all. But I always get the same error ,"Internal Server Error", and it doesn't always fail at the same line. I already managed to make it work, but with less files.

YassineB_23_0-1649921157041.png

YassineB_23_1-1649921243404.png

Each file represents a different MonthYear value. Please find an example of the script log attached. Thanks for your Help.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
BREEZE
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here!!

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @YassineB_23 

Could you increase the Logging level to "Error" and verify if you get a more descriptive error?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Web_Connectors_help/Content/Connectors_QWC/Adminis...

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Onyi_Nwabia-Robbins
Contributor III
Contributor III

Did you find a solution to this issue? @YassineB_23 or @BREEZE . I ended up putting the command

sleep 1000;

in my loops which helps it get further in the load but then I still ended up with Internal Server Error. 

This would suggest to me its a limit issue. 

I updated my logging level to error as suggested above and in the error details section of the latest web connector log file I get this 

"error": {
    "code": 429,
    "message": "Quota exceeded for quota metric 'Read requests' and limit 'Read requests per minute per user' of service 'sheets.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number:560254647742'.",
    "status": "RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED",
    "details": [
      {
        "@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.ErrorInfo",
        "reason": "RATE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED",
        "domain": "googleapis.com",
        "metadata": {
          "consumer": "projects/560254647742",
          "quota_metric": "sheets.googleapis.com/read_requests",
          "quota_limit": "ReadRequestsPerMinutePerUser",
          "quota_limit_value": "100",
          "service": "sheets.googleapis.com",
          "quota_location": "global"
        }
  1. I am looping through 243 spreadsheet keys to get all the relevant worksheet keys
  2. Then I am looping to get all the data from those sheets (729 worksheets)

So definitely hitting the 100 limit several times

I know google sheets api has a default limit of 300 Per minute per project so I am not sure why its 100 on the google connector. https://developers.google.com/sheets/api/limits

I don't know who sets this limit, Qlik, Google or Local IT admin.

But as a temporary measure, I decided to use the for next loop variable to check if the current load is divisible by 100, wait 5 secs, then continue to load, otherwise just loop as normal. 

Here is a crude example below

Let SSNumOfRows= NoOfRows('GetSpreadsheets');
For i=0 to $(SSNumOfRows)-1
	//due to limit Read requests per minute per user of service 'sheets.googleapis.com, adding delay after every 100 loads
    //without this it will cause an Internal Server Error

if Mod($(i), 100 )=0 THEN
         TRACE;
         TRACE reached another 100 requests, waiting 5 secs;
         TRACE;
         Sleep 5000;

Let vSpreadsheetKey = Peek('SpreadsheetKey', $(i),'GetSpreadsheets');

GetWorksheets:
      LOAD
    replace(worksheetKey,':','%3a') as WorksheetKey //needed for correct URL format to load sucessfully

FROM [$(vConnectionName)]
      (URL IS [http://localhost:5555/data?connectorID=GoogleDriveConnector&table=ListWorksheets&spreadsheetKey=$(vSpreadsheetKey)&appID=], qvx);

ELSE //load count not divisible by 100

Let vSpreadsheetKey = Peek('SpreadsheetKey', $(i),'GetSpreadsheets');

GetWorksheets:
          LOAD
              replace(worksheetKey,':','%3a') as WorksheetKey //needed for 
          FROM [$(vConnectionName)]
          (URL IS [http://localhost:5555/data?connectorID=GoogleDriveConnector&table=ListWorksheets&spreadsheetKey=$(vSpreadsheetKey)&appID=], qvx);

ENDIF

This worked fine for part 1 above, but I still have an error in part 2!

Turns out this was a different error!

<Message>Error requesting table GetWorksheetV2 for GoogleDriveConnector</Message>
        <Exception>APIConnectorInterfaces.Exceptions.QwcException: No columns returned for QlikWebConnectors:GoogleDriveConnector.GetWorksheetV2

Now I need to check whether the table is populated BEFORE loading. 

Anyone know how to do that?

• I am using GetWorksheet V2 and ListWorksheet. 
  • Using Qlik WebConnectors March-2022 (2.122.1.25087)
  • found correct errors by searching times they stopped loading/failed