Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgrubic
Contributor II
Contributor II

Internal engine error when exporting a straight table with conditions for showing columns

Hello, everyone,

In Qlik Sense June 2018 (both Desktop and Enterprise), while exporting data from a straight table, we get "Internal engine error", which occasionally causes the Qlik Sense Engine Service to crash. This only happens for certain combinations of the number and order of shown/hidden columns (see image below; also shown in qvf).

StraightTable_ConditionalShow.png

For example, in a straight table with five dimensions and one measure, if any one dimension is hidden, then exporting works fine. If there are two hidden dimensions, then exporting only works if the bottommost dimension isn't hidden. If there are three hidden dimensions, then all three of them should be at the top for export to work. If there are more than three hidden dimensions, exporting never works, regardless of the column order. In all these cases, the one measure wasn't hidden.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Make an app with five dimensions and one measure.
  2. Put them all in a table.
  3. Set "Show column if" to "0" for a combination of columns. (It seems like you're more likely to get the error if there are fewer visible columns.)
  4. Right-click the table, click Export, and then Export data.

Can anyone confirm this behavior; perhaps even explain it?

Thanks!

10 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If I were you I would contact Qlik Support immediately...

sgrubic
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I took your advice and they said there are two bugs regarding this issue already reported, and in "Ready for verification" state. I'll post here when there are any news.

vinodkumarv27
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Did you get any update from them. Looks like, bug is not fixed yet!!!

Thanks

sgrubic
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hey,

Their support said the fix should be included in Qlik Sense September 2018 release (but they don't have any fixed dates yet).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates on this error?

Thanks

sgrubic
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Nope, still waiting for September 2018 release.

sgrubic
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

They've updated their answer:

"The fix will be included in Qlik Sense June 2018 Patch 1 that should come out soon and as well it will be included in QS September 2018."

vinodkumarv27
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Stevan,

Do you have ticket number with you?

Thanks,
Vinod Kumar V

sgrubic
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sure. Qlik Support ticket ID is 01449644.

The two bugs it refers to are:

1. QLIK-89754
  2. QLIK-89563