Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rnorris
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Is it possible to show 'loading' during partial load?

We have a button that calls a partial load. During this load, data gets pulled from an API call, so it takes some time. It would be great if when we hit that button, we showed a loading sign, or even better, an animation.

The obvious solution is just to have another action on the same button, but you can't. That doesn't work and isn't a solution, (no it isn't) because buttons in Qlik are multi-threaded, and all the actions actually happen at the same time. What this means in practice is that the "Change loading variable" action might happen 'after' the partial reload triggers, which results in (sometimes) the loading text not appearing, but worse, an error popping up saying "Error, reload in progress". This is no good.

I tried putting a variable change in the load script itself, but it seems that the frontend doesn't render while the reload is occurring, so while I guess the 'vShowLoadText' variable get's set, the conditional show logic "if('$(vShowLoadText)'=1)" never gets checked, until the load is finished.

It feels like there must be SOME way to do this, though at this point I'm pretty jaded on the product and fully expecting, like everything else, the answer is going to be "There's an extension you can buy that handles it in a way that doesn't quite fit your solution".

Anyone got any ideas though? Be lovely to hear any!

Labels (1)
0 Replies