Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charvick
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue with Dimension Limitation for a pivot table in Qliksense

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a pivot table where the number of rows will be based on the user input, the users have 4 options - All, 20, 50, 100. For this I am using the 'Fixed Number' limitation in Qliksense. I am using a variable to capture the input from the user and using that in the expression for the fixed number limitation. The number selected is being stored without any issue in the variable, but the pivot table is not showing the number of rows selected as per the user input. For example, when I select 20, it shows 18 rows, 46 for 50 and 96 for 100 and this differs on the selections made.

Edit 1: I understood why this was happening, in the table we are excluding some Accounts based on various criteria, but the limitation is added to the Accounts dimension, it is limiting the accounts for the entire field and then storing only the selected number of values and hence limiting the values for all the values in the field, but then it is also excluding them based on the conditions in the expression.

Does anyone know how to apply limitations only on the data present in the table and not on the entire field? 

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Charvick
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Updated the post with new information