Did you mean: 
Akshaya
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue with QVD size

Hi All,

Greetings!

I am stuck with one of the issues as per below:

For one of the application, I took the existing view and i have added one column to it (say View is : XX_MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_EXTN_V, and i added column: ATTRIBUTE57 to it) without disturbing any existing written code in view  and then i created a QVD from this view.
Now the issue is, the QVD that is already there  is bigger in size than the one I am generating.

Things that i tried to resolve this:
1. first i tried full reload using  as below: but no luck records were less by around 25k in my QVD

Akshaya_0-1650370011239.png

2. Then i tried Incremental reload as below:  but no luck records were less by around 25k in my QVD

Akshaya_1-1650370090469.png

3. Later i tried first step 1 i.e. Full Load then step 2 i.e. Incremental load...so this time i was able to get the whole data as the records were matching, but now i am not getting the values in the below QVC column that i am supposed to get as per below.

Akshaya_2-1650370236815.png

I need help. Please advise on this.

Thanks,

Akshaya 

Qlik GeoAnalytics @Anonymous @Qlik3 

Labels (1)
9 Replies
Akshaya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

durgesh22
Creator
Creator

Hi @Akshaya 

3. Later i tried first step 1 i.e. Full Load then step 2 i.e. Incremental load...so this time i was able to get the whole data as the records were matching, but now i am not getting the values in the below QVC column that i am supposed to get as per below.------what are the expected values you are expecting the QVC column?

Akshaya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @durgesh22 ,

I am expecting values like below  screenshot for all the rows:

Akshaya_0-1650379517231.png

but what I am getting  as below, i mean value in only one row.

Akshaya_1-1650379663654.png

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm guessing that your incremental load is not actually correct. That your existing QVD has duplicate rows. 

If you do a full reload, followed immediately by an incremental, your row count should not increase (much -- depending on how fast you are generating new rows). 

I would examine your existing QVD to see if it contains duplicate or extra rows. 

-Rob

MayilVahanan

Hi Akshaya,

Can you pls post the entire script to verify. 
As suggested by Rob,  incremental logic might be inaccurate. 

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
GeorgePhilips23
Partner - Contributor III

Hey there, unfortunately I have less idea about Qvd Incremental loads and many more.

Surely together, we can learn more and grow old!

Akshaya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Its done, Thankyou all for your views 🙂

GeorgePhilips23

It would be great if you mentioned where was the problem and how you solved!

Akshaya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi George, 
Frankly speaking, the size of my QVD was still less than the actual QVD(not sure why), but the data was matching. and since data was matching so I moved forward neglecting the size difference in QVD size.

Thanks,

Akshaya