Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AtQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Line Chart with Trend

Hi,

I am developing a line chart which has duration as xaxis and date + Time in which a task was executed. Something like below. 

DateTime executedDuration(mm:ss)
10/0510 AM1:10
10/0610:30 AM2:35

I am trying to develop a chart similar to the one shown in the image. I am facing challenges fixing the x-axis. Could you pls help me with the steps to display the line chart something like below one. The data which I am using is similar to what shown in the above table. 

qlikatmap_0-1602626687588.png

3 Replies
Delestia
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello Qlikatmap,

This can be achieved by using the Line Chart element on your desired sheet. For the first Group Dimension choose your [Time Executed] field in order to get the date time as the x-axis. Then for the Individual Line Dimension choose your [Date] field to get a line for each date you executed the experiment. Finally for your measure, I chose to use Sum([Duration]) however Min/Max will also produce the correct line depending on your data. 

Delestia_0-1602635272660.png

AtQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Delestia for your reply. 

For your kind reference sharing below visual. the Time for x-axis is not getting fixed and not ordered. I have marked in red arrow. 9 am for 5th October and 10 October is sequential lined up rather it is order by date. Is there a way to fix the x- axis as 8AM to 8 PM with 1 hr interval.  Also the wave lines for different dates are not overlapping rather it is getting displayed next to it. 

qlikatmap_0-1602641245067.png

AtQlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Below is the script I am using to load the data from excel file. 

[Created] as [Actual Date],  --- ex: 10/8/2020 4:47:00 PM
Date([Created],'DD/MM/YYYY') AS cDate,   -- date field separated from previous row [Created]
Time([Created],'hh:mm TT') as ccTime,  -- time field separated from previous row [Created]
Time([Elapsed time],'mm:ss') as [Time Taken], -- duration in minutes and secs