Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulwalker
Creator III
Creator III

Listbox alignment

Hi Community,

I have a listbox and applied with below options, here listbox looks not correct alignment.

Can we make it proper alignment ? Or any work around?

paulwalker_0-1690307513091.png

Thanks in Advance!

Labels (1)
4 Replies
paulwalker
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@tresesco@MayilVahanan,  @Kushal_Chawda@marcus_sommer@stevedark 

and Experts - Can you please take a look!

marcus_sommer

The list-box didn't provide a setting to define the vertically position of the content and aligned each to the top. But the additional check-boxes and similar features are - similar without any customizing options - aligned to the center. And by enabling multiple content-lines both features didn't match together. You may look if there are more options possible with macros whereby I would assume the likely isn't very high.

A workaround may be not to use two lines else three and changing the field to an expression like:

chr(10) & YourField

respectively to control the number of inserted line-breaks with repeat() and a check of the existing number of line-breaks and/or the lengths of the content.

Personally I don't like any of the provided alternative view-options from the list-box-selections and didn't apply them anywhere because there is no added value else only more efforts and therefore it would be also my recommendation for you.

paulwalker
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Got it Marcus, thanks for reply.

Another option I'm thinking - I have three buttons and one listbox.

If user select A button -A should be select in listbox

if user select A and after B button - listbox should be select A and B (Like Override Windows Checkbox option, here we can select multiple one by one)

also another combinations like .. A and B, B and C etc...

paulwalker_0-1690376855477.png

is there any possibility ?

marcus_sommer

IMO it's a very heavy detour - not only in your case else in general. Creating buttons which perform actions to select any values - directly or with more or less complex variables/expressions if multiple actions needs to be performed and/or if there are any dependencies between them (the last could become very tricky).

Compared against the native and simple way of providing list-boxes and the user selects directly the wanted values and could track all selections through the belonging color-scheme of green/white/grey and maybe also through a selection-box. I have never seen any navigation-solution which was near to the native Qlik way. It could be done much more complicated but really resulting in a better user-experience? I have massive doubts.

Regarding to your scenario I assume the aim is providing an extended layout. For this you may consider to use not only a single list-box else at least two objects - list-box and/or table-charts and/or text-boxes side by side and/or within a container. Here an example of two table-charts side by side - one designed as multi-box and the other as check-box - to control flexible dimensions for pivot-tables with/without partial sums. Maybe it gives you some ideas ...

marcus_sommer_0-1690379304214.png