Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III

Load Balancing Rules (Designated Reload Node)

Hi All,

We are looking to implement Load Balancing rules across nodes in our Cluster.  I've reviewed the help on the Qlik site here

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/create-load-balancin...

but was wondering if its possible to create a rule that designates all reloads to take place on a particular node.

Thanks,
Mark

1 Reply
sirpod90
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

I have the same problem.

I setup an a new Load Balacing Rule for all apps [App*]:

(node.@CustomNodeProperty=resource.stream.@CustomNodeProperty)

That means all apps in a specific stream will run on the node with the same custom property value.

But the problem is following:

The Central Node has access to everything. This is a default rule which can not be edited.

So all reload task from apps in the stream run on the specific node, but also on the central node.

I didn't find any solution for that yet, but I would appreciate any suggestions how to disable the running of reload task on the central.

Regrads

EDIT: As I found in this post you have to edit the scheduler and set the central node to "Master" only. Than the central node is not running any task anymore.

Attention: You have to edit all REST connection for the monitoring apps because there are setup to localhost and disable the load balancing rule "ResourcesOnNonCentralNodes".