Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nur
Contributor II
Contributor II

Load Excel File Without Filtering

Hi,

I want to ask, is it possible to just load excel file from raw data (which is contain other column of data that are not needed for development of app?) 

For example;

Column that Im using for create app is Dept, Title, Assigned To and Due Date. After this app being published, other user load data from excel file that contain other column than Dept, Title, Assigned To and Due Date. 

Is it affect the graph for analysis that I had created before? 

Thank you.

5 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

As long you are explicitly typed which columns in the excel you are using. Like LOAD FIELD_A, FIELD_B, ETC and not using wildchar like LOAD *,then you should be safe. If the other users add rows to your excel columns that you are using then these changes will be included in the next reload. 

Nur
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

For now I have 12 sheets in one excel file. Each sheet contain same name and number of column. Only have 2 sheets that have additional column than the rest. So, how to use LOAD for those column for each sheets?

Thanks

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I did not completely understand your situation/issue.

Do you want to load 12 sheets where 11 of them are identical and one sheet got 2 extra columns?

Do you want to store all sheets into one table or do you want 12 tables as output?

Do you want to include or exclude the two extra columns from your load?

Nur
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sorry for the unclear explanation. 

I want to load all of the sheets. 

Do you want to load 12 sheets where 11 of them are identical and one sheet got 2 extra columns? - 10 sheets identical, 2 sheets got extra columns

Do you want to store all sheets into one table or do you want 12 tables as output? - Actually I want user easily just upload excel file that had been extract from source into qlik sense so that the analysis in the form of pie chart will auto generate according to what I had created. The excel file that had been extract from source may contain additional column that I didn't need which is column other than Dept, Title, Assigned To and Due Date. Column that had been extract from source may contain  Dept, Title, Assigned To, Due date, email, Address and so on.  So is it possible to only load column that I need for each sheets? 

Do you want to include or exclude the two extra columns from your load?- include in my load. 

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Try the logic below. I've attached my excel. (City and Animal is my two extra fields in one of the tabs)

ExcelData:
LOAD * inline [
Dept,Title,Assigned To,Due Date,City,Animal
];

For each _sheet in 'Blad1','Sheet system 2','Helloworld','Blad55','HelloMoon','Sheet 1',
   Concatenate (ExcelData)
   LOAD 
      '$(_sheet)' as [Source Excel Sheet]
   FROM
      [Nur.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels, table is [$(_sheet)]);
next
LET _sheet=;