Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leonardo-Sym
Contributor II
Contributor II

Load script - Issue loading .txt files

Hello to all!

I'm trying to load a .txt file into Qlik Sense and I'm having a problem capturing all 32K rows in that file. I'm making a very simple load script from a single file and the end result in Qlik just shows me around 19k rows. I downloaded the original file, from the AWS S3 bucket, and compared it to the cvs download of a table created in Qlik from the same file. I noticed that after a specific number of lines it looks like the loading script is ignoring the end of a line and jumping between lines. I'm adding the load script here as an example.

LOAD
[@1] as description,
[@2] as root,
[@3] as main_day,
[@4] as location,
[@5] as main_year,

left(FileName(), len(FileName())-4) as dataset

FROM [lib://xxx_S3/output/]
(txt, codepage is 28591, no labels, delimiter is ';', msq);

I just don't know if it's a problem with the txt file format or a problem with the loading script.

I will appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thank you in advance! 

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

If possible pl share a sample file to understand whats going on..

Leonardo-Sym
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Digvijay!

I've created a data sample that shows the issues, and I've tried replying to your message several times over the past week. Unfortunately, I got an error message from the community, it looks like the inbox was full.

I didn't know we have the option to upload from here until now.

Sorry for my delay in sharing the sample data in QVD format with you.

Thank you in advance!

Digvijay_Singh

Hi,

Did you try csv format, I see similar error mentioned in the below post, see if this helps as it appears debugging would need running load script, for me your connection won't work.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/Load-from-txt-not-loading-all-records/td-p/822289

Thanks,

Leonardo-Sym
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi!

Ok, I'll try the CVS format instead. 

Thanks!

marcus_sommer

Your issue might be caused from the msq setting and/or any EOF chars - therefore you may try it with zthe following again:

(txt, codepage is 28591, no labels, delimiter is ';', no eof)

- Marcus

Leonardo-Sym
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Marcus!

I'll change the delimiter.

Thank you very much for your catch!