Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WernerDC
Creator
Creator

Mapping kml with GeoPoint

Hi guys.

Hope someone can help me.

I have a kml file with Provinces/Districts.

I also have a dataset with Lat&Long. I use GeoMakepoint to create a Point out of the Lat&Long.

How do I combine the 2?

My idea is to have the Area Layer(kml file) as the first layer on a Map then when I select the Province I can then see all the points (GeoPoint) in that layer. I would also like to use the area layer in a Filter pane so that I can limit the click on the Map.

This is the kml:

WernerDC_0-1631093025879.png

This is my other data:

See the Geopoint

WernerDC_1-1631093088852.png

Hope someone can help me.

Kind regards

3 Replies
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @WernerDC 

Using Qlik Sense, you'll need to use GeoAnalytics function named WITHIN, it can be found at Qlik GA Connector Examples 

For SaaS, you need to use a built-in extension GeoOperation, WITHIN also, examples at GeoOperations Reference

This operation will return a table with the Area id (p1, p2, ...) and GeoPoint id wich you can use in your map or filtering.

[],

Pedro

WernerDC
Creator
Creator
Author

Does this meen I need Qlik GeoAnalytics?

pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @WernerDC 

Yes.

Your kml file doesn't have an associated field with the "other data" file.

Area is a polygon, GeoPoint is a point.

So, you'll need to connect both tables to make selections reflects on each other. If you select 'p1',  Qlik cannot identify wich points has inside it, and it will show all GeoPoints.

The WITHIN function will create the connection between the tables, determining wich GeoPoint belongs to each Area. When you select 'p1', Qlik will show only the GeoPoints wich are both associated.

You can also use an external tool, like GoogleEarth, QGIS and others, but it is another history...

[],

Pedro